Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fabulous First Mother's Day Weekend

I want to start by saying I have a fabulous husband who I am so thankful for. Tim is everything I could ask for or want in a husband and father and he really makes being a mother the best gift on earth. Last year I was very pregnant during Mother's Day. Technically, we could consider that my first but this year really felt like it. We started the weekend with a date night on Friday by going to dinner at a BBQ joint we have been wanting to try for a long time. Then we saw Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past, which was hilarious and we finished up the evening by picking out a new mattress for our bed. Our old one was about 8 years old so needless to say, it was time to bite the bullet.

On Saturday I went to my prenatal yoga class which is an hour and a half long. Alone time I definitely appreciate. I had flowers and a card waiting for me from Tim and Grady when I returned home. I just thought it was so cute that Tim took Grady to the store to pick them out. That evening we spent some time with our good friends Christin and Drew and their 1 year old, Cambry.

Mother's Day morning we woke up and went for a walk as we do every day before it gets too warm outside. Tim made breakfast and we started to get the family ready for Grady's 1 year photo shoot. We are very big on traditions and this is going to be our Mother's Day Tradition. Every year we will get the family photo and the kids annual photos. I was imagining next year with a one year old girl and a two year old boy. The possibilities for photos are endless! Looking back, it was a fabulous weekend.


Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket


1 comment:

baby havin babies said...

so cute! and what a great tradition. you look amazing you crazy yoga-doing pregnant woman. i miss your face. hopefully i will see you soon. happy first mother's day!!!!