Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gretta's 6 month update!

Tomorrow Gretta will be 6 months old. I have no idea where the time has gone. But everything I heard about having a second baby is true. A few less pictures and the milestones really come fast and are just as exciting. Most of all we can't imagine our lives without her.

On to the Gretta update. Her personality is feisty and strong-willed. She gets mad if she cannot grab something that is a little out of reach and she will let you know about it until you get it for her. She is sitting up mostly unassisted but we are still careful incase she tips over. She LOVES her older brother more than anything, including food. She is not an eater. She is not fond of jars yet although we try them every day. She hates rice cereal but she will chew on and swallow small bites of normal pieces of food (chicken). I think it is because she watches what Grady eats and wants to do everything he does. She doesn't have any teeth yet so I think that goes along with not being ready for food.

Gretta is still fitting well in her 6 month clothes. I am amazed at how long her clothes are lasting her compared to how quickly Grady grew out of his sizes. She thinks Grady is the funniest thing in the world and she is the biggest ham. I don't think we have a picture of her doing anything but smiling.

Her name fits her perfectly and we often find ourselves calling her Miss Hope. The other word that comes to mind is joy. She is completely joyful and I love waking up to her cooing. Speaking of waking and sleeping, she is not the best sleeper but the good news is she sleeps 100% of the time in her crib and loves it. I also have her on a decent nap routine, which is helping with the night sleeping. The downside is I am home most of the day because between her naps and Grady's someone is usually sleeping. This makes my life easier although I don't get a break either.

She loves tummy time and can push herself up on all fours. She is also starting to lunge/rock forward. I think she will be much happier when she figures out how to crawl and can get around without assistance. Hopefully that will be within the next month. Since she is more mobile we took our gated baby area down. Let me tell you it was a lifesaver for 6 months! Oh, and we also packed up the swing. This goes along with her new sleep plan.

I almost forgot to mention her hair! It is finally growing! Her bald spot is going away and she has a bit of a mohawk, which we are very proud of. Here are few pictures from the past week.
Getting Ready to Swim
Wearing His Rain Gear.
Grady playing peekaboo with Gretta.
Grady teaching Gretta to Read.
Eating breakfast and playing.


No comments: