Gretta's Ear Piercing!
I called many stores on Saturday in preparation for the big event. We set out yesterday morning, knowing Gretta would be getting her ears pierced on Valentine's Day. Everything happened like I knew, heard and thought it would. Tim held her while the lady wiped her ears with alcohol swabs, I helped mark the spots on her ears, picked out her earrings and poof. In about 2 minutes it was done. The lady was a professional and she probably did about 100 a day. She told us in advance that she had never pierced a baby's ear who didn't cry, which I expected. Gretta was more concerned with the lady up in her face than with what was going on. She cried less than when she gets her shots and she was over it faster too. Just like that and it was done.
How the times have changed. Now, everything is pre-sterilized for one-time use. The "guns" come in small pre-packaged cases with the earrings ready to pierce. The memories I have from my piercing are far different. But I guess that is how it is with everything these days...safer, faster, cleaner and more efficient. Her first earrings are 14kt white gold diamond studs.
Showing off her new studs.
Grady had to ride the "choo-choo".
Post-Piercing. Happy Girl. Wearing her hearts for VDay.
Gretta is getting around on all four's at 6 and 1/2 months.




No comments:
Post a Comment