Our birth experience with Gretta was amazing. We went to the hospital the morning of July 22, 2009. We were scheduled to have the c-section at 9am, which was bumped by three emergency c-sections. I told the nurse I didn't mind waiting and being hungry to avoid what happened when we had Grady. The wait was worth it. We finally went into the operating room at 11:40am, Gretta was born at 11:50am and I was in recovery by 12:10pm. Everything went like clock work and we are blessed to have a very healthy baby girl.
Welcome to the world Gretta!The best part of the day was finally seeing Gretta, confirming her name and knowing she is healthy. She looks just like Grady did when he was born but more petite. She was 6lbs 15oz and 20inches in length. She has blonde hair, blue eyes, a dimple in her chin and tiny little ears. She also hates the binky but loves her fists so we wouldn't be surprised if she turns into another thumb sucker.
The recovery process for this c-section is already better than the last. I was up and about the evening of the surgery, the pain is less and the recovery is happening much quicker. I know the hard part will be taking it easy and not doing more than necessary. Luckily, I have been blessed with an amazing husband who insists I only care for Gretta. He is doing everything else.
Many of you have asked how Grady is reacting to Gretta. All I can say is he is a sweet big brother, he already loves her so much. We have included him in everything and he was at the hospital daily so he spent a lot of time with her before we brought her home. He was also with us for the big trip home and he didn't seem to care she was in the car next to him. Again, I give most of the credit to Tim because he is making sure all of Grady's needs are met and he is doing a fantastic job.




3 comments:
I love her!! She is too precious :) Hope you're getting some good rest! I can't wait to hear all about her.
Congrats! Glad everything went so smooth. She is perfect. FYI did you see Rysen's view from his isolet of the stadium. It makes me so proud I am starting him out so early to be a husky:)
The pictures are beautiful.... and I'm so happy to hear that everything went so smoothly! More than anything, we're thankful that everyone is healthy and finally getting to love Miss Gretta face to face! Grady & Gretta are blessed to have been born into your family... can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment