We were at the hospital for five days and we were in no hurry to leave. The nice thing about having a c-section is you can stay for up to five days. I hear a lot of people say they are in a rush to get home. I can understand some of the reasons. However, our hospital was beautiful, the nurses were first class, my meals were prepared and we had nurses to take care of Grady if we needed a couple extra hours of sleep. Tim didn't mind sleeping on the pull out and we pretty much were able to watch a full week of NBA playoffs. Most importantly, it is very common to get an infection after having a c-section so I made sure the nurses would check my incision very carefully multiple times a day. I also made sure to shower everyday with antibacterial soap to avoid an infection. As typical as it sounds, it is actually very hard to shower every day after having a baby. Once we got home I had Tim check my incision twice a day. It sounds funny but I have heard horror stories about c-section infections. Thanks to all my help I was able to avoid an infection. Bottom line, stay in the hospital for as long as you can or as long as you want.


No comments:
Post a Comment