Sunday, October 12, 2008

The first few days as parents

After having a c-section my mobility was very limited. I could barely make it to the bathroom, let alone hold the baby, change the baby or move the baby to and from the bassinet. Tim had to do everything and he did an amazing job. He took care of me, changed the diapers and the clothes and did all of the cooking and cleaning for the first two weeks. The only thing I was left to do was rest, recover, and nurse. Nursing for me was easy. What was hard was getting used to the lack of sleep. Grady would get up and eat every two hours. He hated having a wet diaper even more than a dirty one. It is amazing how as parents we live and breath by the hours until the next feeding. Figuring out all the little preferences of the new little life. Some of his were sleeping on his side at a raised angle. He was so little he would fit right in the middle of a pillow and sleep in the middle of Tim and I all night.













No comments: