Monday, April 19, 2010

Almost like life before children...

This past weekend was filled with different events. We started Friday evening by going to the Maricopa County fair because our friends were showing their pigs. It gave us a good excuse for some fair food and the chance to watch some fun events. Tim took part in the bull riding.

Saturday morning Tim and I left the house at 5:30am to take part in Pat's Run. There were 25,000 people and we ran 4.2 miles (6.75k) in 36.39 minutes. The reason this is awesome is because we were aiming for a 10 minute mile and we averaged 8.50. Without being runners or training, we were very happy with our time. To end the day Tim and I had a couples wedding shower up in Paradise Valley. Definitely a drive from our house but worth it to see our friends.

Sunday after church, we went golfing with some friends from the gym. I hadn't swung a club in about two years but we had a great time and I know I can get my skills back. Tim did well of course. Since we literally have about 10 golf courses within 5 minutes of our house we have decided to get a little more serious about golf. Next up...a golf cart!

Here are some pictures...
After the run. Ending on the 42yd line of ASU stadium.
Pre-run. Lining up for the start.
Tim showing his skills.
Tim pointed out it looks like I have a cigarette in my mouth. Never smoked in my life...it is an extra golf tee incase I break the first one. Seriously, check out the gun show. ha
Pro?

2 comments:

baby havin babies said...

you make me SICK. you athletic beauty and brains complete package you. UGH! love you tons

Brantonians said...

Looks like you guys had a fun week!